- About this Policy
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it.
- We may collect, use and store your personal data, as described in this Data processing Policy and as described when we collect data from you.
- We reserve the right to amend this Data Processing policy from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check our website (hpyc.com), or our Club noticeboard regularly for any amendments (but amendments will not be made retrospectively).
- We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (https://ico.org.uk). For the purposes of GDPR, we will be the "controller" of all personal data we hold about you.
- About this Policy
- Who are we?
- We are Haven Ports Yacht Club. We can be contacted at the address at the bottom of this page
- What Information do we collect? What Info do we collect data policy.pdf
- How do we protect your personal data
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the EEA without your consent.
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
- Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
- Who else has access to the information you provide us
- We will never sell your personal data. We will not share our personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold), except where required to do so by law or as set out in the table above or paragraph 5b below.
- We may pass your personal data to third parties who are service providers, agents and subcontractors to us for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. to print newsletters and send you mailings). However, we disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use if for their own purposes.
- How long do we keep your information
- We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a member of the Club and for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We will review your personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data except that we will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. compliance with tax requirements and exemptions, and the establishment exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We securely destroy all financial information once we have used it and no longer need it.
- Your Rights
- You have rights under the GDPR:
- To access your personal data
- To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- To have your personal data corrected
- To have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- To object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- To have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ Tel 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our (Data Protection Manager John Traub) c/o email@example.com
Last updated 11:31 on 4 October 2022